Where blog and facebook meet: The list everyone is is posting for facebook and I was hounded to comply:
I obviously can't follow rules but here they are anyway:
I obviously can't follow rules but here they are anyway:
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.1. My relationship with shoes is complicated. I LOVE shoes, the higher the better,
But I run around barefoot at every opportunity.
2. Despite my conservative friends labeling me a ‘flaming liberal,' and my liberal friends labeling me conservative, I am an educated moderate. I hear both sides and usually land right back in the middle.
2. b) I hate nothing more than a blind liberal or conservative. Do your research, earn your opinion.
3. My favorite food is a Mexican - especially fish tacos.
4. I am a closet case (well at list I think so) type A person. For an east coaster I'm pretty laid back but the big red flag is my obsession with organizing and lists.
5. Job is always my # 1 priority, second is my family (both blood and non-related.)
6. I love to surf, I am terrible at it and only recently was able to start standing up but love it nonetheless. My board is 9'0 and my 4 year brother stood up on his first try. True story.
7. Die hard Chargers Fan! (No John I still can't name 5 players) but I like to use phrases like "we threw a hail Mary" as if I were actually on the field as the receiver.
8. I name everything. No really, everything. Car: Lucy, Apartment: Chez Copa, Phone: Winston, Computer (work): Abby, Computer (home): Samantha, Printer: Rhonda, iPod: Lilly pod, camera: Molly, Surf board: Delilah, etc.
9. My family is HUGE. I am now one of seven brothers and sisters, my dad remarried 3 times. And then there is the extended family…..We have multiple Christmas' and no gathering is less than 30 people.
10. My goal in life, other than African Correspondent for BBC is to complete the 1,000 things to see before I die list (book). I've completed 47.
11. My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving.
12. I have always been a rule bender (if people continue to follow it, it hasn't been broken). I recognize them most of the time, but rules are for people who can't see out of the box.
13. I was the first white girl on our high school's Step Team.
15. One day I will settle down. I promise. When Thomas Crown/Mr. Darcy/Hugh Lorrie/LL Cool J/George Clooney presents a little Harry Winston, I'll take one for the team. No really, I’m not picky, it's just I haven't found a guy who can keep up yet.
16. I am obsessed with coffee (that goes for coffee flavored stuff too.) In fact, I am waiting for the first ever coffee IV (intravenous) drip/clicker (think morphine clicker) to be invented.
17. I will visit space one day. I’ll mortgage my first born, but I will do it.
18. I can't stand video games, I feel like I'm wasting time.
19. Forget flying, if I could have a superpower, it would be to freeze time.
20. About 4 years ago, my new year’s resolution was to try every food that was offered to me. I've eaten some pretty weird things since then. The worst surprisingly was alligator. The best ....jury is still out. see #3 for more info.
21. I can't spell. I blame my hippy San Diego education for teaching us phonics rather then spelling.
22. I still can't tell automatically my right from my left. I have to use my left hand to make the letter 'L.'
23. I love to laugh. I never cry (in front of people). And I love to dance...anywhere...anytime
24. Are you catholic? We're probably related.
25. I LOVE flying, well anything having to do with aviation, which helps because we live right by the airport. I find turbulence thrilling. Ironically, I am the only person I know who can sleep through takeoff and landing. I'm usually so tired by the time I make it to airport, seconds after buckling in, I'm out.
25. B - I ALWAYS check my luggage (so I hate the new fees) Well have you tried fitting your 'reasonably' sized luggage in those shoe boxes they call overhead storage?
25. C - I may be chatty but I HATE talking to the person next to me on flights.
25. D - I rarely make my scheduled flights - it’s the rule thing, and my constant tardiness (I'm working on it guys.)
26. I have been blessed with a handful of dedicated mentors: Grandma Bev (Goose), Carol Dreher, Mike Freedman (GW), John Matthews (WMAL), and Aunti Jo.
27. I'm a huge Wonk. Celebrities don't impress me - and I've met a lot of them. Really met, like was introduced to and had a conversation with, not let-me-get-a-picture-with-
28. I have a few heroes but the big ones are Kimberly Dozier, Andy Rooney, and Madeline Albright.
29. I share a birthday with my friend Kate, Chris Plante, Frank Sinatra, and Mexico's Patron Saint Day Lady Guadalupe.
30.. The number 12 somehow sneaks into every aspect of my life. Birthday 12-12, born at 12:54 pm. Live on 12th floor, license plate adds up to 12, etc. The girls see it before I do now.
31. I'm a lightweight - two drink limit folks.
32. I talk...a lot...My eighth grade algebra teacher tried to send me out of the classroom for talking and rather than stand outside like I was supposed to, I told him that “one day someone is going to pay me for that talk.” He was so dumbfounded I was allowed to stay.
33. I have an irrational fear of snakes. Don't ask why...what part of irrational don’t you understand?34. I love horoscopes; also irrational.
35. My mom is the greatest bargain shopper ever. She taught me everything I know and yes my children will know how satellite shop. (it's a system in which she gave us a coupon at the cart and while she moved up and down the aisles we ran back and forth with the items.)